1. Be present, in the moment.
2. Be an active listener.
3. Do not multi task while talking to someone which diverts your attention.
4. Show interest, this makes the other person feel that you really want to listen and talk.
5. Do not talk in between. Listen to what the other person has to say and then reply.
6. When a person is sharing about their worries and troubles try to console them. Make them feel that you are with them.
7. Read between the lines.
8. If you run out of topics, it's better to talk some other time rather than engaging in meaningless conversations.
9. Do not pretend. Be your natural self.
10. Be there for each other. You both need importance.
-With Love, Neha.